Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Enthusiastic?

In my daily devotions this week, I decided to start reading Revelations. It's something I have avoided, because it is so hard to understand. A lot of people have been talking about the end times since mother nature has surprised us with such weird weather and earthquakes. I think about the second coming often and Justin and I have talked about how close it really must be. I decided to take it really slow and soak it in. My Bible is a New International Life Application and it has a commentary at the bottom.
I have been reading everything that is written and it has really helped.

Today I read chapter 2 and verse 4 and 5 just leaped off the page with such conviction. It said:

Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent , I will come to you and remove your lampstand from it's place.

The commentary said: In the first steps of your Christian life, you may have had enthusiasm without knowledge. Do you now have knowledge without enthusiasm? Both are necessary if we are to keep love for God intense and untarnished. Do you love God with the same fervor as when you were a new Christian?

My desire is to be an enthusiastic follower of God and really love the person that is front of me and be a reflection of Him. Really made me think today. How enthusiastic am I?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good stuff to think about! Thanks for sharing :)