Wednesday, December 14, 2011

God's Love in Action!!

Katie's Book

This is a book I have been reading about the life and ministry of Katie Davis. She is an amazing young woman, who has given her life to go and live and minister to the people of Uganda. She was only nineteen years old when she chose to say yes to God and move to a third world country, resulting in adopting fourteen young girls and taking care of hundreds of others. She is wise beyond her years. She lives in Jinja and works in the village of Masese where we visited last year. I have never before seen such poverty!

She is an inspiration to me and I hope I have the opportunity to meet her when we go to Uganda in February. She is such an example of what God's love is all about, caring for the widows and orphans.

I would highly recommend reading this book if you have ever been to Uganda or if you have a desire to go.


No comments: