Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday!!

I am doing an online Bible study on the book of Psalms by Wendy Pope from Proverbs 31 Ministries. We are taking it slow and only doing one chapter a week, but I am loving it. It really makes you think.

She is calling every Thursday "Thankful Thursday" and we are supposed to tell one thing that we are thankful for. I have really struggled with my 50th birthday and have really had a BIG stinky attitude for the last 2 - 3 weeks about it. I made it very clear that I didn't want a big party with lots of gag gifts about being "old".

In the last few days, God has really gotten a hold of me and convicted me about my thinking on this matter. Today I am very thankful that He has chosen to leave me here on this earth after a short battle with cancer 8 years ago. Otherwise, I would not have even seen my youngest grandchild, Ella. I would never have experienced Uganda, which I have absolutely fallen in love with. I would never have experienced some of the friendships I now enjoy so much. I now realize how blessed I am for being 50 and am praying for many more wonderful years!!!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Jodi, just found your blog from Marshalene. The 50 club is very exclusive and only the best get in!

Ashlee said...

My family is very blessed to have you also! I don't know what we would do with out you! I'm so thankful that Crew has a "Grandma" so close! We Love you!