Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Favorite Sister!!!

Today is Lisa's 48th birthday!! Oops, was I suppose to say how old she is??? We are all going to go out to eat together tonight and celebrate at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Canton. We have shared some really fun times together, but one of my all time favorites was when we went to Africa together. Below are some of my favorite pictures from that trip of the two of us.




I usually get funny cards, but today I guess I was feeling a little sentimental. This is what the birthday card I bought for her said:

We are Sisters...our memories filled with the same images of family pets and Halloween costumes, holiday gatherings, and long car trips. Sisters....with our own world of negotiations, truces, pacts, secrets and looks of shared understanding (we do this one a lot!), united by a million everyday moments that became a lifetime of sharing. We are Sisters....and we need never ask ourselves who we are, for in each other we can see the girls we were, the women we've become, how far we've traveled in our journey together. And we know what only Sisters can know...that a love that grows through stages and phases is stronger for having been tested. That sticking together works for almost anything life can throw at us. That we belong to each other in a way that we can never belong to anyone else...in a way that is deep and lasting and real.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA, MY SWEET SISTER!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!

No comments: