Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twas the night before Thanksgiving!

Twas the night before Thanksgiving and Chef Justin is choking us out of the house. His mother asked us to fry a turkey for the dinner tomorrow, so he likes to marinate them over night. The smell of the spices he put together started getting in our nose and then settling in our throat and we all started coughing. It took awhile before it settled down, but I think we are starting to get back to normal. I'm really looking forward to tasting the bird. He is trying a different recipe this year that he picked up off the Food Network. I realize frying a turkey is not the healthiest way to eat it, but boy, is it ever delicious! We are deep frying two turkeys and smoking a turkey breast. In addition to that, Justin never got his favorite birthday cake this year. It is also Tyler's favorite, and since his birthday was last Friday, I decided to make it to take and hopefully there won't be any left to bring home. It is really yummy, home made, scratch German Chocolate Cake. This is their requirements: It has to be round and 3 layers, with homemade frosting. My family is spoiled. I can't imagine who started that!

We had a good day today. Emma and Ella stayed with Tyler and I and we spent the day watching Kung Fu Panda, coloring ( I found some really cool coloring pages of a turkey on the internet. I got the site from Marybeth Whalens blog.) and just general wrestling. They were begging to watch Frosty the Snowman, but we've already seen it several times and I'm already a little tired of it. Hunter is still not feeling well so he stayed home with his daddy today.

Hope everyone has a really good Thanksgiving day tomorrow with family and friends!
God Bess You All!!

No comments: