Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday!!

Yesterday was a wonderful day with Justin's family. Everyone was there and as usual there was food galore! Every year I tell myself I am not going to overdue it on the food. I think I did better this year, but I still think I ate more than I needed to. Justin's fried and smoked turkey was a big hit. After we ate, all the women, girls and Taylor (my nephew) went for a walk to try to burn some of the calories we had just taken in. I thought I would be a really cool aunt and race my niece Kenzie across the parking lot of Chisholm High School and as soon as I took off running I pulled a ham string in my right leg. OUCH!!(I guess I need to realize I'm not as young as I used to be!) YOU WIN, YOU WIN was the only thing that would come out of my mouth. After the walk we sat around the table and played games. It was a really good day and we enjoyed being together.

This year I decided I would venture out on Black Friday! I have NEVER done this before, because I have a real patience and
irritability issue about crowds. However, I had spotted a really good deal in a circular for something I had been pricing for my boys and would be able to save a substantial amount on this item. So, Mom, Sara and I decided we would give it a try. Sara was to pick us up at 5:15 which was a real stretch for all of us. We are not morning glories. When we were coming into Enid and saw the Wal-Mart parking lot I said "keep driving, I'm thinking I don't need anything that bad." So we went on to the mall and Old Navy, got what we needed and then decided we would give it a try again. We had seen some people we new at the mall and they said everything was already gone, so I wasn't having a lot of hope about the items I was after. We got back there about 7:30 and to our amazement it was any more crowded than it would be on a normal day. I just new what I was looking for would already be gone, but it wasn't. They had a whole stack of this particular thing. Mission accomplished!!! We ended our shopping excursion with breakfast at IHOP and was home by 10:30. From now on, I see no reason to get up that early and fight the crowds. Let them fight amongst themselves and I'll wait until 8:00 and have the store almost to myself! The only issue was the above mentioned ham string pull. I was so stiff I could hardly walk! Live and learn.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Jodi...we did fight the crowds in Wally World! And it WAS crazy! But we got some awesome deals! The last's of several items! And will definately go back! We've never don't that before either. I'll have to tell you all about it! Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving besides the competition injury! :)
What about those boxes? Call me tomorrow if we need to do them!