Monday, February 2, 2009

7 Days and Counting

I am having a terrible time trying to keep up with everything! It has been a while since I have posted, so I decided I better try to get it done today because the rest of the week is going to be so busy trying to tie up everything before we leave for Uganda. We leave at 3:00 in the morning next Tuesday. AHHH! My mind is going ninety miles an hour and I can't seem to settle myself down. I know everything will get done and even if it doesn't - so what, who cares?

In our "Called" devotional we are reading as a team before we go, I read Being Intentional today. It really spoke to me, because I have really been concerned about being intentional about being spiritually prepared for our trip. The author wrote " Among your list of good intentions on the mission field may be to: always say and do the right thing, never have a bad hair day, be Jesus-like, be attractive on much less sleep, not get sick, (please!!!) be admired by everyone, do something big and flashy for God, and storm the gates of Hell." Check, check, check and check. I have thought about every one of these things. She also wrote we need to add a few more things to our list, like: get comfortable with my own stupidity, try not to embarrass my country, be happy to take the backseat, offer to stay behind to do grunge work, and be willing to eat that thing with feet and feathers on my plate. (No!!! Do I really have to?) I will try to adapt as needed and handle it with grace. She ended by saying " God's plans are the best-laid plans. And you might fit into those plans in a different way than you intended." I'm fine with that. Jeremiah 29:11 says "I know the plans I have for you" Just a thought: If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, maybe the road to Heaven is paved with making the best of it when all your good intentions seem to get stomped on. The author, Lena Wood, she is a smart woman.

Today I am going to go get my eyes checked and hopefully get some new glasses so I can see better when I'm on my trip. I sure don't want to miss anything!

No comments: