Monday, February 9, 2009

Uganda, Here We Come!

The time is finally here! We are to be at the church at 2:30 in the morning to head to the airport. Our flight leaves at 7:00 a.m. and we will fly to St. Paul, Minnesota and from there to Amsterdam and then on into Entebbe, Uganda. I can't believe the time has finally arrived. There have been some anxious moments and some definite attacks from Satan in the last few days. He knows something good is about to happen. I have been fighting a sinus problem and not feeling well for the last few days and today I decided I had better call the doctor to get an antibiotic, because my ears, nose and throat were hurting so bad and I couldn't stop coughing. I knew getting on an airplane with my ears the way they were was not going to be a good thing. I refuse to let the enemy win this battle. God is in control.

Saturday we went to Enid and had lunch with Justin's family. Mike and Kim even came from Tulsa to spend time with all of us, so everyone was there except for Sara. Fairview's Sweetheart banquet was that night so she had to stay and fix hair. We had a really good time and before we left, they all gathered around us and laid hands on us and prayed for us. Then we were handed a manila envelope containing hand written letters from everyone in the family, one to read each day we are gone. It was a very special day and we were very touched by their love.

Then Sunday we had lunch with my family and had a wonderful meal. One of my favorites... Fried Chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy. It was sooo good. It was good to spend time together and we had a great time with Mom and Dad as well. It has been really hard to say goodbye to everyone. Tyler left and went back home Sunday night. Today Mom, Lisa, Daniel and I had lunch together and then Daniel went back to Wichita. I didn't want to dirty up the kitchen tonight, so we decided we would go to El Charro and have our favorite food before we left, since we have no idea what we are in for (food wise) in Uganda. After we got back we went to tell Austin, Sara and the girls bye. We have had some friends (Glenna and Debbie W.) drop by for a hug before we leave. Misti came by for a hug, but I had already left for Enid, so I missed out on that one, but I did get to talk to her on the phone. We are really feeling the love!!! And we appreciate it very much. I'm not sure if I will get to post while I'm gone, so until we get back please keep us in your prayers. You can keep up with our trip on our team blog.

No comments: