Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Leavin on a Jet Plane

I always think of that song every time a get ready to fly somewhere. Thursday morning, Amy and I are going to fly to Houston and go to the Girls Night Out at Champion Forest Baptist Church. The speakers will be Lysa TerKeurst and Rene Swope from Proverbs 31 ministries and Kate Gosslin. I am so excited to go and get away for a little while and I'm really excited to hear the speakers. I did a Jon and Kate marathon yesterday, since I had recorded several episodes and hadn't watched them yet. I honestly don't know how they do it with all those kids and six of them being the same age. I guess God knew who could handle it and who couldn't. I'm a little bummed because Amy and I couldn't get seats together, but I'm sure we will get to set by some interesting people. There's a reason for everything. Then we will be staying with Amy's aunt Friday night and flying home Saturday.

Nothing like cramming everything into one weekend. Sunday, Justin and I are going to have all of Team Uganda 09 over for lunch after church. It will be the first time we will all be together since we planned the trip. I also invited our local Dr. Laura, who is from Uganda, to join us and share a little bit about her home land. We have recorded two shows about Uganda: The Presidential Tour and Bizarre Foods of Uganda, hopefully we will have time to watch them both and have some time for devotions and prayer. Randy is setting up a time Sunday at the Baptist church to share with them at 9:30 and then at 10:30 have a sending service at our church since this will be the only time we will be able to all be together before we leave in 20 days. It's earlier than we had planned, but you have to do it when we could get everyone here. I have to admit, the jitters are starting to set in a little bit, but it is an adventure and we are taking Jesus with us!

No comments: