Monday, January 5, 2009

It's My Birthday!!

Today is my birthday and I have had a wonderful day. I have had lots of phone calls and emails from friends and family. Even a call I wasn't expecting from my cousin Rick, who has always had a special place in my heart. I was so excited to hear from him. He's been more like a brother to me when we were growing up, but I don't see him much anymore, even though we live in the same area. Life just sometimes gets in the way. (Sad, but true). Marshalene and Hunter came by and brought a gift of lotion, bath powder (which I've already used in a long, hot bath) and a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure to be given by my favorite daughter-in-love (as Justin likes to call her). Speaking of Sara, she and Ella stopped by to wish me a happy birthday also. Glenna took me out for lunch and I could hardly eat my food for doing so much laughing! She gave me a journal to take with me to Uganda and a small, pewter, keepsake cross that opens up and has little charms in it that says things about best friends. Justin took me out for supper Saturday evening since there is usually not much open on Monday's and besides I have a music board meeting at church tonight. That's ok, I like alot of others, have gotten back on the band wagon to lose some weight again (UHG!)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you've had a great day!