Monday, May 25, 2009

It's a Girl's Day Out

Saturday Mom, Lisa and I had a girl's day out. We went to Oklahoma City for the day. It started out at the Cemetery putting flowers on my grandparents graves. It was the first time I had been there since my grandma passed away a year ago in February. My Aunt and Uncle was waiting for us when we got there for a short little visit. We put flowers on their graves and then went over a ways to see my great grandparents and other aunts and uncles graves.

From there we went to Bricktown and ate at Crabtown. I love to eat there. We all three shared a bowl of Red beans and rice and then treated ourselves to a shrimp boil. It doesn't get much better than that. My Mom treated Lisa and I to the Broadway production of "The Lion King". I was so excited to get to go to a Broadway play. I have never been and it's something I have always wanted to do. A few minutes after we got into the building, we spotted James, Linda, Emily and Kevin Suderman. We talked to them for a few minutes and then started comparing our tickets to see where our seats were. We noticed that we were in the same section. Wow! what are the chances of that? Upon further examination we saw that our seats were in the same row. Really? Not only that our seat numbers were all consecutive. We were so surprised! Especially since they bought their tickets in December and we bought ours the end of January. We had a wonderful time and loved the show.

After a quick trip to Sam's and then to Braum's (of course) we went on home and ended up driving through a toad strangling rain starting at Cherokee Trading Post and it didn't end until we got to Watonga. It was raining so hard and there was so much water on the road that there were two people that had hydroplaned and had accidents just after the Cherokee. It was a little scary. Anyway we made it home just fine. Thank you Mom for the wonderful treat. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: