Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Day of 2008

Today is the last day of the year! Where has the time gone? You know you are getting older when you no longer make plans for New Year's Eve, but instead opt to stay home and keep the grandkids so your kids can go have some fun. Anyway, I'm all for a quiet evening at home with Justin and my two favorite girls. We might just do something fun like bake some cookies or something. We had a great Christmas, but it seemed like it went on forever. We had Christmas with someone, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Needless to say by Sunday I woke up and had a bad case of the grouchies and I lead worship at church that day. That is never a good thing when I wake up in the mood I was in and try to lead worship. I told Pastor Brad I just wanted to go home and puke! Satan was on my case in a big way. Then after church Glenna called since she could tell (even though I tried my hardest not to let it show) something was going on with me (It's hard to fool a good friend) and cheered me up. I decided I couldn't waste the day feeling sorry for myself and got out the supplies to make the bracelets that Lisa and I are going to make to take with us to Uganda, called her to come help me and we ended up making about 60 of them. We got red, yellow, black and white beads to make the bracelets to hand out at the orphange and the school. They turned out really cute. We are also making a few for people here to wear while we are gone as a reminder to pray for us each day. It is now a count down. Only 6 more weeks until we leave. I am getting so excited and nervous at the same time. It is an awful long ways from home and the people I love, but I know we will be blessed.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea said...

Cute background! I wasn't at church Sunday morning as I was sick but while in the office this week I heard several positive comments about the music, so even though you felt crappy about yourself, God was still working. Keep up the good work!